CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

What???? I Work!!


Today after picking Alex up from VBS(vacation bible school) him and Riley were in the pack seat talking like usual. Alex started to tell Riley all the things he was going to do when he got "bigger" like daddy. This how the conversation went.
Alex: " Riley when I get bigger, I'm not going to wear my shirt like daddy."
Riley: "OOOHH!"
Alex: " When I get bigger I'm going to go to work like daddy."
Riley: "Can I go to work with you?"
Alex: No, Riley! Your not a boy, your a girl. Girls don't work only boys go to work.
Riley: (starting to cry) "I want to be a boy when I get bigger"
Where did I go wrong?? How on earth can they possibly think that I don't work?? All I do is work. I may not actually leave the house like Ian does but they don't even "see" him work and they know he does so how could they not think that "girls" work? I guess I "really" need to work on this. Yet again, more "work" for "me" to do!!

0 comments: