CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Alex turns 4!!!!

I'm actually teary eyed as I write this blog. My first baby is now 4!!! I can't believe how fast time flies by. I know that everyone always tells you that but it always seems to be on those days that you feel will NEVER end.

We decided to have Alex's party at a nearby park this year and of course the theme was buzz lightyear. The party was set to start at 10:30 in the morning and of course it being Florida, at 9:30 the skies turned black and it started to rain. I started calling everyone to let them know that plan B for the party would be to have everyone come to our house. So I quickly started cleaning up and trying to think of games that we could play with 17 kids inside and was freaking out a little bit. But at 10:20 my weatherman husband said that we should just go to the park b/c the storm was moving quickly away from us and that the weather would be fine. I was very skeptical but decided to have faith and so we went to the park and began to set up. We got there at the same time as all the guest but that worked out for me b/c I had so many extra hands to help me set up. All in all, it was a great time. The weather turned out to be perfect and all the kids had a blast.

We had a kiddie pool,

a slip~n~slide,
a whale pool with slide,
and bounce house!
Rather than spreading out, the kids did each activity together. It was so funny seeing a dozen and a half kids in a little pool or all taking turns on the slip n slide


We ate hamburgers and hot dogs!


And had juice and chips.


Then had cake!!


Alex loved the buzz lightyear cake that I made for him and was adamant that he get one of the wings.


Even the adults had a fun time!!

0 comments: