CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Ants in Her Pants!"


Today was a rainy day so we decided to take the kids to see a movie. Brave, I know! I knew that Alex would do alright, he's almost four so he has the ability to sit for longer periods of time, especially if he has food. Riley I was a little nervous about. She was fine up until she had to use the bathroom. Ian took her and when they got back it was like she literally had "ants in her pants". She could not sit still for anything. We were sitting in the last row and she kept trying to sneak down the stairs. Finally, we got her to sit on one of the steps but she ended up trying to talk to the little girl who was sitting in the seat next to that step. I decided to pull out the secret stash of candy but that only kept her seated for about 2.6 minutes before she was out of her seat again. Why is it when you want them to stay seated (and quite) they act like wild animals and when you want them to exert some energy they stand there like a lump on a log.

I'm reminded of all the times I've met my friend Jen at the park with her kids. Before we got there my kids were literally bouncing off the walls and then when we get to the park they just end up staring at Phillip and Andrew the whole time. I end up getting worn out by trying to get them to go play.


After the movie we went to get some lunch. I had a craving for some chicken wings ( I always have a craving for chicken wings) so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Ian and the kids walked down to some shops while I waited for our table and I over heard (okay, I was totally ease dropping) a waitress tell her table that they were out of hamburgers, mac & cheese (Riley's fav), coke and a whole section of something else. I knew that when Ian came back and I told him he'd want to just leave, which we did, so I prepared myself to eat something else. What kind of restaurant runs out of that much food? Poor management I guess!

We then walked down the Red Brick pizza place and let me tell you that pizza is goooodd!! We got the bbq chicken pizza (which is my fav at the Rain Forest Cafe) and now I have a feeling that will be our new pizza place.

Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday with your family. See you soon.

Have fun!!

0 comments: